Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?

Article about: Hello, I found this M15 Adrian helmet in France at a small dealer. He told me it is a early version made by the Japy factory which you can identify by that it has no rivets on the side and c

Default M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?

Hello, I found this M15 Adrian helmet in France at a small dealer. He told me it is a early version made by the Japy factory which you can identify by that it has no rivets on the side and chinstrap. However I can not find any example with a sewn fixed chinstrap like the one I have, rather than a riveted chinstrap which every helmet has. Does anyone know anything about this?
    (Sorry if the pictures are unclear the flash on my phone isn't working, the helmet is lighter in color.)

M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?

Cheers,
    Youri
    Last edited by ComradeYouri; 09-14-2015 at 09:51 PM.

?

I can't see much from the pictures but have a look at the bottom of this page .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian modèle 15 :. for variations.
    Is it possible the strap snapped near the rivet and was re-stitched?

Tony

Thank you for your reply Tony, I have thought about this aswel because not one example on the site you linked has the kind of fixed chinstrap I have, But then again even at the buckle the strap is sewn, also notice the line pattern it has on the leather. Maybe this is a ''homemade'' chinstrap?

M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?M15 Adrian helmet infantry thoughts?

Youri

A nice helmet. The strap was probably replaced by the owner - maybe in the field. The original straps were made of quite thin leather.

?

Youri mate, that looks like a proper sewing job to me. I agree with Steve, replaced by the owner or perhaps a good honest repair job, originals are probably no more than 2mm thick at most.

Tony

Thank you very much guys, this confirms my thoughts and solved the confusion!

Youri