Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Machine Gun Corps Discharge Certificate

Article about: I picked up this Discharge Certificate for 39910 Private Arthur Royal Richardson of the Machine Gun Corps this morning. It's stamped 'Local Food Office, Municipal Buildings, Leeds, 24Oct 191

Default Machine Gun Corps Discharge Certificate

I picked up this Discharge Certificate for 39910 Private Arthur Royal Richardson of the Machine Gun Corps this morning. It's stamped 'Local Food Office, Municipal Buildings, Leeds, 24Oct 1918' and contains a host of personal info about the chap.
    Machine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge Certificate

Looks like a good pick up. Interesting that he was not entitled to any awards/medals for his service. I also notice he was with the MGC Cavalry and had served with the XXth Hussars.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Machine Gun Corps Discharge Certificate   Machine Gun Corps Discharge Certificate  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for flipping the photos. I'm rather pleased with it...not bad for a quid!

Quote by Warspite View Post
    Thanks for flipping the photos. I'm rather pleased with it...not bad for a quid!
    Bargain for a quid mate, and glad to help with the flipping, it makes it easier to read them.
    Regards,

Jerry

FYI,

his MIC, pension records and SWB record. Hope it's of interest.

Cheers, Tom

Machine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge CertificateMachine Gun Corps Discharge Certificate

That makes more sense for him to have the War and Victory medals. Great to see the extra info Tom, well done for posting it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Wow! Thats fantastic. Thanks for all that extra information...going to have to sit down and go through it in detail. It's this personal stuff that reminds me why I collect.