Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mayne J.J. South Wales Borderers 14-15 star

Article about: A split trio of just his star medal, not tried for his MIC yet or other documents so I know very little about him. His first name was John and he later served with the labour corps as Pte 37

Default Mayne J.J. South Wales Borderers 14-15 star

A split trio of just his star medal, not tried for his MIC yet or other documents so I know very little about him.

His first name was John and he later served with the labour corps as Pte 370238.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mayne J.J. South Wales Borderers 14-15 star   Mayne J.J. South Wales Borderers 14-15 star  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

John J Mayne landed in France December 4, 1915. He was discharged Class Z March 17, 1919.

The medal roll for the 1914-15 Star has him originally in the 11th Bn, SWB.

Brilliant Paul, thanks for the information. any chance if you have access to his docs you could post them so I can save copies?
    Regards,

Jerry

Default JJ Mayne

Here you go:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mayne J.J. South Wales Borderers 14-15 star   Mayne J.J. South Wales Borderers 14-15 star  

Thanks Paul.

A few better pics of the star, I changed the ribbon for a period watered silk piece that I had as it looks much better than the modern version.

Regards,

Jerry

It's amazing how much the period ribbon changes the entire look of the medal. It looks fantastic.

Quote by paul kennedy View Post
    It's amazing how much the period ribbon changes the entire look of the medal. It looks fantastic.
    Agreed Paul, it looks so much better now. I was lucky as one of my other stars had a double length ribbon on it so it seemed OK to donate part of it to this medal.
    Regards,

Jerry