Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Military Cross to Sergeant

Article about: Quick promotion - yes, but WAR ! See one more quick promotion in my collection http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...60/#post981194

Default Military Cross to Sergeant

MC to Sjt. Spicer for Somme Battle
    ( in 1918 - Captain )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Cross to Sergeant   Military Cross to Sergeant  

Military Cross to Sergeant  

?

Is this in your collection? If it is! It is a nice set.. Cheers Terry

He would have had to have been an RSM, equivalent to a Warrant officer 2, otherwise it would be a DCM or likely an MM. What is the MBE for? Looks like a Belgian cross of valour at the end. Excellent group, how long have you had it??

Yes, medals group in my collection
    At the end of bar - russian St. George cross 4th class

?

Very nice indeed.. I didn't think they award the MC to other ranks ? Then in 1993 it all changed away with Medals & they kept the Crosses.. So I presume he was a Captain in the Somme??.. But still a very nice medal bar & thanks for showing... Cheers Terry.

Very nice group. As stated above, the MC must have been awarded when he was an officer. Is that a Mention in Despatches oakleaf as well on it, very cool
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

That is on the Victory Medal Jerry.. a MID...This bloke has got some balls lol..Now days you would be lucky too win the MID & a MC..& still be breathing...Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    That is on the Victory Medal Jerry.. a MID...This bloke has got some balls lol..Now days you would be lucky too win the MID & a MC..& still be breathing...Cheers Terry.
    Yeh, I mean't on the group not on the MC mate! I know which one is which.

True about the awards and what was needed to get them, I have 3 tunics to MC winners and one of them also had a MID, must have been a tough guy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Very nice indeed.. I didn't think they award the MC to other ranks ? Then in 1993 it all changed away with Medals & they kept the Crosses.. So I presume he was a Captain in the Somme??.. But still a very nice medal bar & thanks for showing... Cheers Terry.
    He was Sjt. in the Somme !
    All you can see in the London Gazette - 10004 Sjt. F. Spicer 1/Bedf. R.

?

I'm just a tad confused then because they "I think didn't award MCs to other ranks then" & to get from Sergeant to Captain in 2 years is going some! not impossible but very quick promotion!!...Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast