Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mk1 Brodie Barn Find

Article about: Good Evening All, I'd like to share with you what I picked up at a farm auction this weekend, it's what I believe to be a mk1 Brodie helmet in pretty poor condition but fairly complete. I'm

CBH
    ?

I recently found a barn fresh , Brodie myself . Got it for 20$ but it was rustier than yours with only parts of the liner still there . I'll have to post an after photo once it was cleaned up . I gun oiled mine because it was pretty rusted and I didn't want it to get worse . I may wax it at some point . Nice job .

?

Whilst cleaning it up I could just make out the stamp F8 95 which I guess is relevant to the maker?

I must say acquiring helmets this way is very satisfying!

Is the stamp perhaps FS 95? Probably Thomas Firth & Sons, a steel supplier from Sheffield although I've heard they used just 'F' too. Anyway, it's come up great and looks much better than anything that's been repainted.

Tony

Thanks ynot.It could well be, it's only just visible. I've got a very modest collection of helmets now and it's nice to have one that hasn't been messed with as so many of them have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2