Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My latest WWI Grouping

Article about: This past month a sad thing happened. The Veterans Memorial Museum in Branson Missouri closed. It was very sad because they had equipment from WWI to Our latest conflict on display. Every ti

$325?!? Wow At least it went to a good home Do you have any idea of the prices realised for other items? Because if you can get all that for the price you did, I wonder what else was there.

A great group and good that you got it for a good price and that it will be treated with the respect it deserves.

A sad reflection on these small town, often private museums, that when they go they sell off the collections and many will have been donated by the relatives and are then lost to the families. There is one that is only a few years old in a small town near me and they are getting lots of donated items, but what happens if it goes under in the future, will they return the items or will it all just get sold, sadly the latter I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Sorry Steve. It was late last night when I posted it and got the wrong Section. Thanks for putting it where it belongs.

John

Quote by oradour View Post
    Nice set ! but has nothing to do with Imperial Germany nor Austro-Hungary, so I have moved to correct section...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Todd:
    If I ever decide to sell this grouping. You will be the first one I call.
    thanks
    John

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Very nice John, however, I do feel these items should return to Maryland, so with that being said, my address is......lol
    Great grouping. Glad it found a good home. These are the groupings I look for and all I really buy when it comes to WWI uniforms. The names and faces make it so much more personal. And $325 was an absolute freaking steal! If you ever do decide to move it along, I'll make it worth your while.

I will try to find the link for the auction that has the prices and pictures. As soon as I find it I will post it for anyone interested.

John

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    $325?!? Wow At least it went to a good home Do you have any idea of the prices realised for other items? Because if you can get all that for the price you did, I wonder what else was there.

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Todd:
    If I ever decide to sell this grouping. You will be the first one I call.
    thanks
    John
    Thank you!!!

Here is the link to the Branson Auction if anyone is interested in what sold and how much. It should have pictures also.
    John
    https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog...=1&sort=0#cnTb

I'm afraid to look. Sometimes it's better to not know what you missed.

?

Very Cool and nice save, congrats.

The bronze sculptures a pretty cool also.

I agree that there was a mix of real and repro items scattered about the displays.
    Regards,
    John

I like the James Dietz prints. Thats the first I have heard of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast