MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA

Article about: Hello, Today my new MK1 brodie helmet from the 91rd division arrived It is one of the 400,000 british MK1 helmets that delivered to the US To this grateful helmet i put my m1915 Adrian helme

Default My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA

Hello,
    Today my new MK1 brodie helmet from the 91rd division that fought in WW1 arrived
    It is one of the 400,000 british MK1 helmets that delivered to the US
    To this grateful helmet i put my m1915 Adrian helmet from the belgium army that was overpainted and under the postwar Colour the original WW1 Colour came to daylight, it was complete with the original lionsymbol,liner and Chinstrap (unopened)
    This were my WW1 allied helmets
    I hope you enyjoy it
    Regards from Munic
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA   My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA  

My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA   My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA  

My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA   My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA  

My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA  

Be careful with the Brodie as there appears to be asbestos exposed. A nice pair of helmets and especially poignant as the centenary of peace on the battlefields of WW1 comes closer. Thanks for sharing.

Love the Adrian. I just got one too a week or so ago. Will have to post it
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Love the Adrian. I just got one too a week or so ago. Will have to post it
    D.
    yes you do!!!!

Nice helmets Bavarian
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very nice pair of helmets!
    I will echo what BlackCat1982 said, be carful with the asbestos...

Thanks for the answers, but unfortunately I do not understand what the asbestos is all about
    Can someone help me to understand it and how I can protect myself from it

Regards
    Bavarian

Thanks for the answers, but unfortunately I do not understand what it has with the asbestos

Hello,

Up against the top of the inside of the helmet is a (white) asbestos pad. These were/are normally covered by a piece of muslin. Yours is fully exposed. I’m not sure how much asbestos content was used in British WWI helmets but always best to be safe. I do not own any British WWI helmets so can't really give advice on what to do. Perhaps some kind of sealant spray??
    Attached Images Attached Images My M1915 adrian helmet from the belgium army and british Brodie Mk1 helmet used from the USA 

You could try spraying it over with clear lacquer but of course do this outside in case the aerosol blows asbestos dust back into your face.

Hi Bavarian, I own an original WW1 Brodie helmet however the liner is intact. I have done quite a bit of reading on the topic and as stated above it is best to avoid touching or disturbing the asbestos pad and certainly keep away from small children. You can also make a mixture of wood glue and water which you can then pour over the pad. Once this is done you shouldn't have any concerns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast