Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My "NEW" British/Canadian 1916 Gas Mask...smelly thing!!!

Article about: Well this morning I went back up to that collection that I have been picking at for the past few years..this is one of the items I bought for my own collection. Enjoy!!!!! Dean O Canada

?

Default My "NEW" British/Canadian 1916 Gas Mask...smelly thing!!!

Well this morning I went back up to that collection that I have been picking at for the past few years..this is one of the items I bought for my own collection.
    Enjoy!!!!!

Dean O
    Canada

My "NEW" British/Canadian 1916 Gas Mask...smelly thing!!!My "NEW" British/Canadian 1916 Gas Mask...smelly thing!!!My "NEW" British/Canadian 1916 Gas Mask...smelly thing!!!My "NEW" British/Canadian 1916 Gas Mask...smelly thing!!!My "NEW" British/Canadian 1916 Gas Mask...smelly thing!!!

I've never seen one of these before, thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn

Nice one Dean, good to see you have found another WW1 gas mask for your collection! I still have not spotted any for sale over this side of the pond yet, but you will be the first to know when I do. Leon.

?

THanks Leon!!!

Dean O

Top buy Dean,100 years young and rare to boot,Leon as you say finding stuff this side is difficult at best,incredible item to own,so well done to you Bud..........

You need to find some chlorine gas, and then you can test the mask to see if it still works!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    You need to find some chlorine gas, and then you can test the mask to see if it still works!
    But don't forget to piddle on it first, as was the oft recorded method with this type, hence the unmistakable bouqet that is apparent everytime you put it on in the privacy of your own home......One hundred year old urine.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

nice find ,ive only ever seen reproductions so thanks for showing a real example dean
    Regards James

?

nice pick up Dean, super rare, i've only seen one in a museum, yours is in better shape. cheers