Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.

Article about: Hello All, I promised these a while ago when I was looking for a scanner, Well My wife and son got the Ole Man a scanner/printer/copier/fax machine as a Xmas gift. They both knew I had these

?

Default My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.

Hello All,
    I promised these a while ago when I was looking for a scanner, Well My wife and son got the Ole Man a scanner/printer/copier/fax machine as a Xmas gift.
    They both knew I had these and other pic's and wanted to save them digitally!!!
    So a little Back story to these.
    The Gent that took these was a newspaper editor before the war. So he had some Photography skills to take these Amazing/ Grotesque Photo's. After being sent with the AEF a US Army Lieutenant, He was assigned to the French Artillery unit as the Operations officer and took these Pre and Post Barrage Photo's

These come from the Grand daughter of this Vet.

I want to water mark these but have not looked into that yet. I need to find a program. This one pic is the start until I get the rest scanned/marked. I must have over 30 or more pic's

I'll start this one off with the Stateside pic before being sent to France. This one has the names of the officer's assigned to the 64th and their assignment to that Brigade. Take a close look at the men. They are numbered and that corresponds to the name list on the back of this Photo. #6 is our Man!
    All of the larger Photo's have typed text on them explaining what you are looking at.
    I hope you enjoy these as mush as I . These are never seen before pic's that just had me wanting to see and read what the next was about. There are even Aviation Photo's

Semper Fi
    Phil

Click to Enlarge
    My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.
    Last edited by AZPhil; 02-16-2020 at 05:31 PM. Reason: changed #4 to #6

Lieutenant De Cartes, in French blue uniform, nice pieces.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

It was nice that they gave you a scanner. Keep uploading photos, Phil. Thanks

?

The first was a scan of the copy I made test 1
    Test 2( Not intentional)

This is a save from the scanner,

Click To Enlarge to see #'s on photo

My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.
    Oh Yeah. That's a lot beter!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 01-18-2020 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Added comment

?

This is one of the small photo's. Little bigger than 2 1/4 X 3 1/4.

Probably got about 15-20 of those.

I thought maybe Black Jack , But then zoomed in a saw what looks like a Beard. I don't think Pershing ever sported a beard.
    Maybe someone recognizes this Officer?
    Nothing on the back but a penciled "79"

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Lieutenant De Cartes, in French blue uniform, nice pieces.
    Thanks,
    Since you are French Lebus, May I ask if Lt. De Cartes was anybody special? Like in the Cartes lineage?

Also your knowledge of the French area's and cites mentioned would be great if you chimed in on some of the locations of the Battle fields and monuments before/after photo's???

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 02-09-2020 at 05:18 PM.

MAP
    ?

Nice scans! keep them coming.

For watermarking....it's very simple. If you have any basic photo editor software just use a text box overlay and change the opacity of the wording you use for watermark (i.e. "Property of AZPhil", or "I'd rather be back in Philly")

A very simple and free photo editing software that I use all the time is Paint.net. Google it and you can find the free download. Virus free. I've used it for many many years. My go to Editor for simple stuff. So easy to use, someone from Philly can even master it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks Michael!
    Test 1 for water mark.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks Michael!
    Test 1 for water mark.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    ROFL......Yup. Perfect. Now if you want to get fancy, you can rotate it, add a shadow effect, or increase the transparency

Did you use Paint.net or just another Photo application?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Phil, I ask on a French Forum.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast