Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.

Article about: Hello All, I promised these a while ago when I was looking for a scanner, Well My wife and son got the Ole Man a scanner/printer/copier/fax machine as a Xmas gift. They both knew I had these

Why is it necessary to watermark? these are yours and for me with my stuff it is a whatever, I still own it.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Hello All,

I want to water mark these but have not looked into that yet. I need to find a program. This one pic is the start until I get the rest scanned/marked. I must have over 30 or more pic's

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hey Phil,

water mark's can easily be undone, you'll find program's to do that as well.
    I usually take my pictures from a angle that discourage anyone to copy them.
    Sometimes with light re-flexion coming in intentionally.
    Or should I call it a bad picture.
    Or I watermark them the moment the picture is taken, by using a see trough plastic mentioning "kopierschutz" in black letters.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

American soldiers came by Rennes.... : the statue 1870. 800.000 men.

- - ------- - -

The statue today

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Why is it necessary to watermark? these are yours and for me with my stuff it is a whatever, I still own it.
    After seeing several folks mention watermarking photo's to keep them somewhat safe from copiers, I thought since these Photo's have never been seen before I would mark them.

And along with the water mark talk there was mention of ways to remove the water mark.

So , Not sure if I need to mark them all or just the unique one's..

I still would be interested in the sleeve patch the one French soldier is wearing??.
    I would like to try and figure out the Where and Who's of some of these photo's.

Semper Fi
    Phil

The french soldiers are perhaps from the 44 ° RT with old guns, "GRAS".
    The AX means auxiliary. Soldat far from the front because of medical raison.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The ship was a german one during the war, in Hamburg, after the war she was seized by US Marine, so she is the ship to leave Europe in 1919.

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    The ship was a german one during the war, in Hamburg, after the war she was seized by US Marine, so she is the ship to leave Europe in 1919.
    Thank you Lebus.
    I appreciate you filling in the blanks..
    Not all these pic's are in order of time frame, More like personal pic's jumbled together. The Combat ones seem to be in order.
    I'll get to those once I have these small one's scanned and posted.
    I have not gotten to the point of researching these and I'm kind of hoping that by posting these, I can get the feedback that will help organize these in the right order

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 01-21-2020 at 06:26 PM.

MAP
    ?

Great photos Phil. Got to look again on a big screen! Could look at photo all day
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The first plane seems to be one DH 9. English plane.

?

Ok there are 5 photo to everyone I'm scanning. I'm looking for ones that you can make out the background and that would be of interest. I see no need to wm them.
    I'm trying to Move on to the Big One's!!!!

Ok, On to todays addition.
    I think my thoughts of the officer in the one of the first I posted being Black Jack might be correct.

There is a formation and for some reason the photographer is in the rear ranks!!!

Then there is this Pic.
    I think this is General Black Jack Pershing.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast