Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need Help wit this Sword

Article about: [QUOTE=DrPMC;1064466][QUOTE=Historian76;1064251]This sword has been in my family for decades. My parents believe it was my Grandfather's, who did serve in the U.S. military in WW1. I wondere

[QUOTE=DrPMC;1064466][QUOTE=Historian76;1064251]This sword has been in my family for decades. My parents believe it was my Grandfather's, who did serve in the U.S. military in WW1.

I wondered if there was any chance that your Grandfather was among the US forces involved in the allied intervention in the Russian Civil War?

Good question. I'll be seeing my parents in a few days and will inquire. Very interesting responses here. Thanks so much.

After doing some research this morning it would appear to be a Dragoon version.

Philip

When I moved out of the house finally, my parents were retiring and also moving. This sword was in the trash and I pulled it out and kept it.

?

Quote by Historian76 View Post
    When I moved out of the house finally, my parents were retiring and also moving. This sword was in the trash and I pulled it out and kept it.
    As has been said so many times before on this forum, its incredible what people throw away. Its great that you managed to save it and if there is any way that it could be realistically linked to your grandfather's service, that would be make it extra special.

My father has a couple of Victorian military swords. Although they are things he bought in his youth rather than family heirlooms, I'm hoping to re-home them eventually!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2