Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No5 Mills Bomb With Provenance

Article about: Hi all. I was recently invited by and elderly couple who know I collect military items to come and view a collection of ephemera and glass plate negatives that belonged to a relative who ser

Hi Scout. I fully agree with you that safety is first and foremost. Until proven otherwise I assume that all ordnance I touch is live. On this grenade I carried out a thorough inspection, so rest- assured I did not take anyone's word for it. Thank you for your concern

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Hi Scout. I fully agree with you that safety is first and foremost. Until proven otherwise I assume that all ordnance I touch is live. On this grenade I carried out a thorough inspection, so rest- assured I did not take anyone's word for it. Thank you for your concern

What a nice sleepy Mills, and especially so with traces of the red "live" band at the top.

Quote by William1 View Post
    What a nice sleepy Mills, and especially so with traces of the red "live" band at the top.
    Oh, thats what that was. I did wonder, thanks for the info

Cheers! It would also have had either a pink or (less commonly) a green band painted round the middle to denote the type of explosive filling, but the paint must have been of a cheap quality as not many Mills bombs have survived with it intact.

Quite often Mills bombs show up with no paint bands but black lacquer. I don't know why this is.

That's a nice example mate , i didn't realise they were worth that much now as i gave away an allmost minter a few years ago!....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2