Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Old pocket watch from the Somme area.

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents, I was wondering if any of you could help me with any information on this pocket watch? I bought it in Albert for a small sum. & I presumed it is quite old? &

?

Default Old pocket watch from the Somme area.

Hello Ladies & Gents, I was wondering if any of you could help me with any information on this pocket watch? I bought it in Albert for a small sum. & I presumed it is quite old? & if anybody could read & translate the writing that would be great. Thank you for very much for your time. Cheers Terry. Old pocket watch from the Somme area.Old pocket watch from the Somme area.

10 jewel pocket watch, the rest is just a Google search away?

remontoir cylindre - Google Search
    Last edited by Larboard; 11-09-2015 at 04:56 AM.

?

Thank you Larboard I couldn't even read the writing on the back so that was a bonus. Cheers Terry.

Neat old watch, looks like it's been thru hell...

?

Lovely little watch only a few euros, found I believe in the Somme area! & thats the history. I found out since they are Swiss made for the German market between 1888 & 1900.. so it is a nice little bit of history. Shame we don't know more. Cheers Terry.

?

Terry,

How did you find out it was for the German market, is there anything (stamps etc.) inside? I was once told that Roman numerals fell out of fashion around 1910 so the time period definitely fits. I have a pocket watch found near Ypres but unfortunately the dial is missing.

Tony

?

Tony I did a google search & on a forum lots of questions were being asked about this type of watch? & somebody came back with the reply that is was for the German market!!! I dont know anymore than that as of yet?. It isn't a bad starter, as we know on the Somme were the Germans & British ... so at least it didn't come back as say US or other obscure country. So guessing the info is 90% accurate. Cheers Terry.