Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Oldbury Carriage Works Peace Medal

Article about: Hi all. I received this peace medal for xmas and thought I would share it here. The Oldbury Carriage Works produced many of Britain's tanks during WW1. This medal is made of aluminium and is

Default Oldbury Carriage Works Peace Medal

Hi all. I received this peace medal for xmas and thought I would share it here. The Oldbury Carriage Works produced many of Britain's tanks during WW1. This medal is made of aluminium and is one of 7000 issued to school children in Oldbury in 1919 to celebrate peace. 100 were issued in bronze to teachers and local officials. Dudley Docker and Colonel Knothe, the owners of the carriage works made them from parts salvaged from the tanks they made.

A little more information is provided if you turn to page 21 of the book in the link: OLD-TIME OLDBURY - The History of Oldbury, Langley and Warley...

I found this interesting due to the tank association, but also because I have seldom been able to find much out about these locally produced peace medals. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oldbury Carriage Works Peace Medal   Oldbury Carriage Works Peace Medal  

Oldbury Carriage Works Peace Medal  

?

That is very cool

There's one for sale on ebay, the ribbon is missing though.

?

That is really neat.

Dean