Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

One of a Kind Group of WW1 Canadian Medals!!!

Article about: Well I just got back from buying more from a collection I have been picking at for a few years, the older owners are getting easier to deal with. I bought 2 Kits bags full of good stuff and

?

Default One of a Kind Group of WW1 Canadian Medals!!!

Well I just got back from buying more from a collection I have been picking at for a few years, the older owners are getting easier to deal with. I bought 2 Kits bags full of good stuff and am just going through it all.

However this has to be the best Item of all

I have both the full size and minis for this Lt. Col

The 14/15 Star is named to Capt GG Corbet, the pair and the Colonial Auxiliary Forces Decoration is name to Lt. Col G G Corbet Can. A. M. C. (CAMC) The Medal on the end for those that don't know is The Officer of the Order of St John

Funny that Corbet was from St Johns New Brunswick.

These are great and I will enjoy them while I have them, however groups of this high and rare grade are out of my area, and I am not a big Medal Collector, I like the more "grunty" stuff myself

But before I offer them on line, I thought some of you here would like to see this group

Dean O
    Canada

One of a Kind Group of WW1 Canadian Medals!!!One of a Kind Group of WW1 Canadian Medals!!!One of a Kind Group of WW1 Canadian Medals!!!One of a Kind Group of WW1 Canadian Medals!!!One of a Kind Group of WW1 Canadian Medals!!!

?

Nice group Dean. Not a medals guy myself but I am looking for a 1914 Star to a Canadian of the Medical contingent that went over then if you ever come across one!

?

Doug, I have been looking for one of that very rare group that were entitled to them for about 30 years. I did see the trio once, again about 30 years ago. We came to a price on them, less than he was asking, gave him some money down and went to the bank to get the rest..he had agreed to that, when I got back he gave me the money I had given him back, said someone saw them and when told they we being held for someone else, he offered more than the original asking price. To say I was disappointed is a bit mild, when I explained to him that we had made a deal on them and money had changed hands, and that at the time I was a Serving Medic collecting all things Medical..he just told me tough, I wasn't charged however the Police did remove me from the market..Thank the Gods one of them was in the Militia and let me go when outside!!
    And that's a true story!!

Dean O

?

Hi,
    I would be interested in this set if ever offered for sale.
    regards,
    Greg

Missed these the first time around. Very nice
    set, Dean - Love the matching minis.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi CampX,
    I know a bit about this Dr. LCol George G Corbet. He was a in WW1 as follows:

No. 16 Canadian Field Ambulance
    Background Information
    Organized at Saint John, New Brunswick in February 1917 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel G. G. Corbet.
    Authorization published in General Order 63 of 15 June 1917. Left Halifax 28 March 1917 aboard SAXONIA.
    Arrived in England 7 April 1917.
    Strength: 10 officers, 124 other ranks.
    5th Canadian Division.
    Ceased to exist 20 April 1918; personnel to Canadian Army Medical Corps Depot, Shorncliffe.
    Disbanded by General Order 211 of 15 November 1920. Had a bugle, fife and drum band.

No. 14 Canadian Field Ambulance
    Background Information
    Organized at Shorncliffe in May 1918 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel G. G. Corbet.
    Personnel from Canadian Army Medical Corps Depot at Shorncliffe, many of whom were from disbanded units of the 5th Canadian Division.
    Arrived in France 6 June 1918.
    Corps Troops.
    Demobilized at Toronto in June 1919.
    Disbanded by General Order 211 of 15 November 1920.

I have just purchased some memorabilia from his estate, via an antiques collector, and was very pleased when my partner found the above information. Nice medals. Do you still have them or any other information on him?

Thanks

?

Sorry, my post was over a year ago, and I have traded them since.

Where are you located?

Dean O

Too bad. I'm near Ottawa