Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signal

Article about: Hi guys, thought I would share this. Back in the 1990's my uncle's neighbour in Oxford, who was a WW1 veteran, died and his family basically emptied the contents of his house into a skip at

Default Original 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signal

Hi guys, thought I would share this. Back in the 1990's my uncle's neighbour in Oxford, who was a WW1 veteran, died and his family basically emptied the contents of his house into a skip at the front of the house. My uncle walked out the door to go to work and this little piece of paper, which was flapping around on top of the skip, caught his eye and he picked it up and read it. He had it framed and gave it to me a few years ago.

Cheers,

Tom

Original 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signalOriginal 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signalOriginal 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signalOriginal 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signalOriginal 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signalOriginal 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signalOriginal 'Hostility cease 11 .00 today' signal

Good historical item, glad it was saved.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice. And this was all that was saved???

Can't be many surviving documents such as these....a great save.

But can't help noting that the framing method is not the best for conservation purposes.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi guys, yep, this was all that he took so I dread to think what else was in that skip! I'm interested that you say it is not the best framing method for conservation - what would you suggest?

Cheers,

Tom

What a fantastic document, and what a terrible shame that someone wouldn't realise it's historical importance. I'm glad this was saved, as you said, it really makes you wonder what other treasures were in that skip.

Quote by thorne83 View Post
    Hi guys, yep, this was all that he took so I dread to think what else was in that skip! I'm interested that you say it is not the best framing method for conservation - what would you suggest?

Cheers,

Tom
    Conservation Picture Framing Standards
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

It makes me shudder to think how close this was to destruction. Thank goodness it was saved