Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Mark V pocket watch?

Article about: hi i just bought this from an aviation website and i like it and think its original as i couldnt even find a picture of a repro of this style, but better be safe than sorry if i claim its or

Default Original Mark V pocket watch?

hi i just bought this from an aviation website and i like it and think its original as i couldnt even find a picture of a repro of this style, but better be safe than sorry if i claim its original, does this appear to be original? any help would be great thanks! (the bow and chain on it are definitely not original i know as i put them on myself)

Original Mark V pocket watch?Original Mark V pocket watch?

Looks straight to me-I like it. How about a view of the movement?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Looks straight to me-I like it. How about a view of the movement?
    certainly heres the pics i could get of the movement with the cover off, the rear cover has some numbers etched inside, 2 of the sets are 4 numbers the last one is fractions but they are all nonsensical

Original Mark V pocket watch?Original Mark V pocket watch?Original Mark V pocket watch?

Nice original timepiece , some makers of Mark v's used unsigned movements , but the production number 3640 looks to be of the period , the first 2 letters is the maker , I believe this maker is in the "unknown" list ,

Great thread located here >> RFC Aircraft Watches - Mark V Letter Codes - Topic

Agreed! A nice watch! Does it keep good time or does it need cleaning and oiling?
    William

Quote by Australia View Post
    Nice original timepiece , some makers of Mark v's used unsigned movements , but the production number 3640 looks to be of the period , the first 2 letters is the maker , I believe this maker is in the "unknown" list ,

Great thread located here >> RFC Aircraft Watches - Mark V Letter Codes - Topic
    the maker is identified as someone called "record" ive seen it mentioned on other websites and so far its running well and keeping good time

Record was a Swiss company founded around the turn of the last century. They made pretty fair watches-not in the Rolex or Patek grade, but respectable, in any case. they were eventually bought out by Longines in 1961 and have since ceased to exist..
    William

From the many pages on that forum thread it lists the maker B.H as possibly being used 2 different makers .

huh interesting, thanks for the info!

A very nice piece , Thanks for sharing