Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?

Article about: Hello! Is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives? Regards, W.

another similarity:
    1. dark blue blade (and hand guard) - picture 1 and 2
    2. the manufacturer's marks is poorly stamped and long, narrow letters (especially "U.S.")
    picture 3 and 4
    3. pin shape - picture 5 and 6

....but that's just only my opinion.. I'm not a expert...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?   is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?  

is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?   is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?  

is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?   is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?  

Last edited by wunderwafe; 10-10-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Greetings,

Yes, there are several slightly differing versions of correct L.F.& C. fonts/markings as you have well-noted. Additionally, some are lightly stamped, some are deeply stamped, which of course adds to the appearance of differences. In any case, all of the knives you have posted on this thread appear original to my eyes.

V/r Lance

Hi Lance!
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge
    I'm glad the knife is original!
    Best regards,
    W.

below two more knives
    One is a relic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?   is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?  

is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?  

When members take the time to say "thank you," my door is always open to share what little knowledge I may possess. Collecting militaria is my therapy and remains wholly enjoyable.

Additionally, this is my favorite militaria forum and the only one I have ever become a paying member of. This forum's members do not suffer fools. And too, I fully appreciate the moderators who keep this forum free from the dime-a-dozen "what's it worth" locusts, the recently off their meds angry/abusive miscreants, and the "fourth reich" nutters. Please, consider joining this forum and becoming a paying member; I have not ever had pause to regret becoming one myself. OK, I'm off my soap box.

Happy Collecting!

Lance

one more picture wood handle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is it original U.S. M-1917 trench knives?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2