Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Outstanding!!!!

Article about: If you guys have not seen this, I thought you could appreciate it being posted here. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Edmon...974/story.html Doug, I know you don't such things or make such a m

?

Default Outstanding!!!!

If you guys have not seen this, I thought you could appreciate it being posted here.

Edmonton man’s historic flag from Gallipoli beach returns to Australia

Doug,
    I know you don't do such things or make such a magnanimous gesture for accolades, but I applaude you for this,... among other things!

I only know your voice from the phone,....you hardly sound Canadian in the video.....OK, so there is more than a subtle hint of the great white north there.

Much respect,
    John
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

John

Thanks for sharing.

Doug - amazing gesture. Something that is often lacking in today's world. I salute you!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Bravo Doug!!!!!

?

Thanks John, I am so glad to see the flag head to its rightful home. Here's the article from the Western Australian paper where they interviewed Wendy Lugg. Gallipoli flag flies back to WA - The West Australian
    Lots of interest generated, did a radio interview and lots of social media.

I plan to write an article on the flag and the incredible history of how I got it and how it is going home.

The primary research articles done by Steven Clifford are extremely interesting. I'll,post those links too.

?

The Canadian WW1 historian Steven Cliffords blogs that got the ball rolling a year ago. This was the piece of Australian history I was referring to that I had purchased, and now, repatriated.

https://doingourbit.wordpress.com/20...om-anzac-cove/

https://doingourbit.wordpress.com/20...s-flag-update/

MAP
    ?

I'll say it again Doug...a very honorable action. Something that is sorely missing in this world.

Well done and Bravo!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well done. This is the exactly the kind of thing that has made me grow to become a proud member of this humble community. You guys amaze me.

Doug, I am speechless! Your generosity is just incredible mate, I've never met you personally but I'm proud to be able to say I know you. I'm away on a fishing trip for a couple of weeks from Friday night but when I get back down I'll go out to the Royal W.A. Historical Society and see if I can get some shots of the flag for the forum. You are a bloody good man Doug, if there is such a thing as karma I hope you get himmlers helmet for your collection. Just fantastic mate, incredibly generous.

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Doug, I am speechless! Your generosity is just incredible mate, I've never met you personally but I'm proud to be able to say I know you. I'm away on a fishing trip for a couple of weeks from Friday night but when I get back down I'll go out to the Royal W.A. Historical Society and see if I can get some shots of the flag for the forum. You are a bloody good man Doug, if there is such a thing as karma I hope you get himmlers helmet for your collection. Just fantastic mate, incredibly generous.
    Thanks a bunch! Please make sure you say hello to Robert and Wendy for me! This has been an incredible journey. I'll be hopefully making a thread on this sooner than later! And I sincerely hope all of Western Australia gets to see this incredible piece of their history!!!! Plus, now I have Western Australia on my future travel plans as I want to see the flag in its home, owned by all Australians!

That is truly amazing in so many ways, Doug you are a great man, this brings passion for history and collecting to a whole new level, its an honor to know you and have your help on this forum!!!!!!!!
    P.S- I guess filiming that clip in front of the "Wall O Helmets" would have been a bit distracting haha

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast