Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Outstanding!!!!

Article about: If you guys have not seen this, I thought you could appreciate it being posted here. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Edmon...974/story.html Doug, I know you don't such things or make such a m

Doug you are a Sir !

Well done Doug

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Doug, if you plan on coming to Western Australia please give me as much notice as possible, I would like to take a week off work and take you on a fishing / camping trip to Shark Bay and the Ningaloo coral reef. You continuosly help people out on the forum here and your generosity in this situation is nothing short of outstanding, I'd love to have the opportunity to say a humble thankyou by showing you my old stomping ground. (I might even be able to get your stuff back from my sister in Tamworth!)

Well you werent kidding about the item, when we were talking the other day...what an iconic item,that signifies the futility of that campaign. ..there is a photo that the AWM has of those flags on Gallipoli. ..a now long gone relative of mine served under that flag putting together the wounded men on Gallipoli and i have his shoulder patch...a great gesture you have done for all of us Aussies..and its good to put a face to the man with all those Helmets

"Amateur war historian" lol

WOW! Such a great thing to do ! Owe you a beer if your eve down under!

An awesome gesture, but that's not surprising when we are talking about Mr. Doug Buhler! Doug is the model example of generosity and this makes me proud to have finally met and shook your hand in Louisville a few weeks back, as we chatted Into the wee hours of the morning about who knows what while Andy was sawing logs in his room, LOL! And, in addition to this fine gesture, we finally have some positive PR for the collecting community

This is outstanding. Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Wonderful gesture Doug , i cannot find the words to commend you highly enough !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

great work doug. you have done a very good thing for the heritage of our very young country. thank you.
    cheers mark.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast