Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A patriotic French grease tin

Article about: I bought a standard, rusty Lebel grease tin a good few weeks back and asked a mate who's very good with a paint brush to do some patriotic artwork to it for me. I'm so happy with it that I t

?

Default A patriotic French grease tin

I bought a standard, rusty Lebel grease tin a good few weeks back and asked a mate who's very good with a paint brush to do some patriotic artwork to it for me. I'm so happy with it that I thought I'd show it off a bit.

I reckon it looks fantastic and fits in perfectly with my WWI collection although it wouldn’t look out of place in a WWII collection either.

Unlike some people who paint items such as helmets, his work isn't done to deceive, it's done to commemorate, even the rust colour is paint. If anyone’s interested in looking at his other work have a squiz at his site Skywolf UK

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A patriotic French grease tin   A patriotic French grease tin  

A patriotic French grease tin  

He talented!....

?

That is just beautiful Tony. If you had presented this as a 'found' item then I think we would all be scratching our heads -LOL.

Oz.

I am not usually in favour of such painting of items, but this is very well done and does not look out of place or period. Does he sign his work to show it is a sympathetic repaint.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I know this can be a touchy subject so thanks for the positive comments.

Yes Jerry, his work is signed and dated, usually on the inside/underneath. It's visible in some of the photos on his site.