Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Princess Mary Tin

Article about: Hi everyone. Never posted this one either. Picked it up at an antiques fair for \\$50. There some cracks on 3 corners but I think it was a bargain as they can sell for over \\$100 here in Austra

Default Princess Mary Tin

Hi everyone.

Never posted this one either. Picked it up at an antiques fair for $50. There some cracks on 3 corners but I think it was a bargain as they can sell for over $100 here in Australia.

Princess Mary TinPrincess Mary Tin

Hi Jase, I am fond of these too. You can see mine on the forum here:

Princess Mary's gift tin 1914

Last month at work we had a full one come in. Sadly I did not have chance to get any photos of it.

But two nice ones came in last week. Both empty, both still with a good amount of the original gilt finish present.

I did not know the value of these "down under": just a little more than in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice one for a 50 I've had a mate looking for one for years and paid double as you've said! he was lucky to find the bullet pencil cheaply to compensate.
    my one is post here
    Princess Mary Tin 100 Years

?

Those are neat.

?

Jase mate, it's nice to have one in good condition but your one looks great too. Probably used by the soldier or someone in his family after the war so it has character and was a fair price at $50 I reckon. I used to have one that was black, had a broken lid and cracked corners, wish I still had it.

Tony

Here are the two tins which I mentioned in my post this morning. As I was in work today I took a quick photo of them.

Note that these two came from different dies. Look at the Princess's hair and you will see how different they are.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Princess Mary Tin  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!