Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Private Leslie Bryan Scott, 6th. Marines, 2nd Div., WW I volunteer hero of my hometown

Article about: Leslie Bryan Scott was born on July 21, 1897 in League City, Texas. He was the first male child born to a city that was itself in its infancy, the only man to enlist in the Marines, and the

Default Re: Private Leslie Bryan Scott, 6th. Marines, 2nd Div., WW I volunteer hero of my hometown

Steve

A very moving story,thanks for sharing

I have some Commonwealth War Graves down the road from where I live. The Royal Canadian Air Force (6th Group Bomber Command) was stationed around here in WW2 .
    Its very sad to read the ages of some of the boys who died some were only 17 year old air gunners etc.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Private Leslie Bryan Scott, 6th. Marines, 2nd Div., WW I volunteer hero of my hometown

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Steve

A very moving story,thanks for sharing

I have some Commonwealth War Graves down the road from where I live. The Royal Canadian Air Force (6th Group Bomber Command) was stationed around here in WW2 .
    Its very sad to read the ages of some of the boys who died some were only 17 year old air gunners etc.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks very kindly for the reply. It is very sad indeed. It always makes you think of all of their unrealized hopes and dreams that they missed out on in life, and the resulting grief that was heaped upon their parents.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by gibba1008 View Post
    very interesting and heart felt.... many thanks for posting
    Thank you. It was a pleasure to share this man's story my friend.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Hi Nick,

Thanks very kindly for the reply. It is very sad indeed. It always makes you think of all of their unrealized hopes and dreams that they missed out on in life, and the resulting grief that was heaped upon their parents.
    Absolutley. Its incredible that these boys were too young to drink alcohol or vote and yet they were sent off to a far off war where they experienced unimaginable fear.

My own son has turned 17 and its hard to imagine someone that age in a Lancaster gun turret being shot at over Germany!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2