Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pte Thomas Barnes Coleman 14th Battalion Australian Imperial Force

Article about: some clippings taken by Toms parents from the local newspaper, The County Press, reporting on Tom's and others deaths

Default Re: Pte Thomas Barnes Coleman 14th Battalion Australian Imperial Force

some clippings taken by Toms parents from the local newspaper, The County Press, reporting on Tom's and others deaths
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pte Thomas Barnes Coleman 14th Battalion Australian Imperial Force  

and finally Toms name on the Great War memorial cross at Brighstone Church on the Isle of Wight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pte Thomas Barnes Coleman 14th Battalion Australian Imperial Force  

Gday Isle of Wighter,
    my great grandfather also sailed on the Ulysses as part of the 22nd BN. Its nice to see you have the medals though i noticed you didnt have the Gallipoli plaque which was issued in 1965 i believe. You may be able to claim this plaque as one of my grandmothers sisters did so.

Hi,
    what a great story of toms service and life, great treasured family heirlooms you have,
    Thanks for showing them.
    dave.

Attachment 223718Hi Again,
    the Name Coleman rang a bell reading your thread, my sister lives on the I.O.W, and sends me a few pieces now and again. she sent over the I.O.W, family History Society magazine from 2001,
    plus others. I was very interested in an article about a man writting about his father
    Ewart William Coleman, born I.O.W, and killed in the blitz in london but served in the great war.
    He was in the Royal Engineers it gives his service and a diary of his times in the war, really good reading.
    Last edited by Panzer 3; 07-21-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2