Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

QUEST: Need advice: LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench Knife

Article about: Hello guys, Its good to check in with you all. As some of you may know i am primarily an SS collector and early USAF. However, i have begun a quest and really need your advice. I am desiring

Default QUEST: Need advice: LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench Knife

Hello guys,

Its good to check in with you all. As some of you may know i am primarily an SS collector and early USAF. However, i have begun a quest and really need your advice.

I am desiring a LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench Knife. I have always wanted one. However, knives are not my specialty. With all the knock offs out there on this particular knife, i need help! Any sites or for sale adds that can lead me in the right area would be fantastic.

It does not have to be this manufacturer. Just as long as it is 100% legit.

QUEST:  Need advice: LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench Knife

Thanks dudes

greatwar.com

?

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    greatwar.com
    I didn't see any knuckle dusters like the op is requesting on that site just the triangular spiked version.

I can't help but have always loved this version. I picked on up when I was young from a vet and it was my prized possession, But while I was in Marine boot camp my parents had a plumber come in and fix there water heater. When I got home on leave my FS commando knife and my baby was gone. Needless to say everybody denied taking it. That is also one I need to add back to my collection. Good luck on your search.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I noticed this earlier version for sale on the WAF.

I had not seen this type before.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Attached Images Attached Images QUEST:  Need advice: LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench Knife  QUEST:  Need advice: LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench Knife 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Greetings Octavian,

Go to this thread and you will be armed with all you need to know about what "right looks like." Pay attention to the very first post as there's a link in that post, specifically for comparing a suspect knife. As far as where to buy one, I will pass on sharing my fishing holes ;-)

The U.S. M1918 Mk. I Trench Knife Thread.

Cheers,

Lance

Greatwar.com

US Weapons. Item # US 18365 LF&C 1918

Item # US 19055 AU Lion.

Hope this helps Arizona Phil.

Thanks

QUEST:  Need advice: LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench KnifeQUEST:  Need advice: LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench Knife

One more thing, the thread written by Militariaone is the best on the subject in my opinion. Lance has taken time to explain the variants of the 1918 Trench knife. This thread was my guide when I purchased my first 1918 trench knife.
    Knife in the leather scabbard was used in WW2, it has the name of the owner on the scabbard. I searched the name and there was a Marine Corporal Carl C. Muldner in 12 Defense Battalion, USMC.
    They fought in New Guinea, were briefly stationed in Australia prior to that. The leather scabbard is extremely well made. The whole knife reminds me of the "Ranger knife " that was made in Australia.

The 1918 LF&C was a must have for my fighting knife collection.
    I've had mine for nearly 25 years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture QUEST:  Need advice: LF&C US M-1918 Mk 1 Trench Knife  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast