Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question, What is this British medal?

Article about: And why was it issued? I am not a metal collector so have no idea. The name and serial number has been I'd to, Gunner 249394 J Miller who was killed in action on 24/09/1918, while serving wi

?

Default re: Question, What is this British medal?

Thank you skypilot for that additional information, Ray

?

Default re: Question, What is this British medal?

Most medal collectors will want the recipient's full entitlement; the Victory Medal, and perhaps 1914-15 Star as well are missing. Shame that someone broke up the pair or trio. This has a very negative effect upon value.

BobS

Default John Miller medal for sale?

Dear Ray,
    Is this collection for sale? John Miller was a relative of mine and I would be happy to purchase it.

?

I'm afraid I sold the metals awhile ago because I was only interested in the revolver. It didn't appear to me that the metals went together but were a put together grouping as they were WWI and WWII dated if I recall.
    I sold them to a friend of mine and if you would like, I could call him to see if he would sell the relatives metal to you, and if he will, I'll send you his email and you can then deal with him directly. Let me know, Ray

Dear Ray,

I would appreciate that, thanks. It may be that some of the other items in the collection relating to the Royal Field Artillery were his too - or maybe they are just a miscellaneous group which someone has put together. He would only have been involved in WWI and only until September 1918.

Default John Miller's medal for sale?

Quote by M F Burns View Post
    Dear Ray,

I would appreciate that, thanks. It may be that some of the other items in the collection relating to the Royal Field Artillery were his too - or maybe they are just a miscellaneous group which someone has put together. He would only have been involved in WWI and only until September 1918.
    Dear Ray,

Any luck with asking your friend if he still has the medal and would be willing to sell it to me?

Regards

Hi and a very nice collection of Militaria. Shame you haven't got the other 2 medals which make up the trio. These were affectionately know as, Pip, Squeak and Wilfred. The value of this medal does vary with regards to the regiment, if you to think how many joined up for service in WW1, and most if not all were issued with this medal, that will give you some idea as to how many were issued and as with most things if there is an awful lot of them around then the price reflects this. This is were the regiments come in to force. I have a pair, the BWM & Victory medal to a officer in the RFC. with documents. Have had then some time now and would think they have increased in value over the years.
    Regards Steve.
    Forgot to mention, anyone wanting one of these medals, just go on eBay and you will find a glut of them to all services at all different prices.

?

Mr. Burns, I contacted him right after you asked about the metal and he said he would get back and talk to you about it. Apparently he hasn't done it. I will ask him again. Better yet, maybe you should contact him directly and you could explain how important it is to you to have the metal. He's in his 80's and his name is, Jack Fleischer and his email is jbfle@charter.net Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2