Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Army Ordnance Corps Frame

Article about: Hi Here is an item which has been given to me by a family friend. It is a large wooden frame which appears to have the emblem of the Royal Army Ordnace Corps. I assume it is World War One pe

Default Royal Army Ordnance Corps Frame

Hi

Here is an item which has been given to me by a family friend. It is a large wooden frame which appears to have the emblem of the Royal Army Ordnace Corps. I assume it is World War One period and it appears to be good quality (especially the painting).

Opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Army Ordnance Corps Frame   Royal Army Ordnance Corps Frame  

Default Re: Royal Army Ordnance Corps Frame

Very nice indeed, now you need some RAOC stuff to put in it.

The RAOC was formed in 1918, but the Army Ordnance Corps used the same basic badge and motto from 1919 the RAOC used it with a kings crown above it, though the earlier badge did not have a crown, so hard to date it precisely I think. Cool item. Could well be early as it looks to have a Queen Victoria crown above it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi

Thank you both for your replies. Jerry, it isn't very clear in my photographs but the 'crown' is shaped like and designed like battlements. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Cameron