Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Welsh Fusiliers broken trio R. Luke

Article about: Another recent pick up, from the bay and arrived today, two from a trio, the 1914-15 star and the British War Medal, but no Victory Medal. The Star is marked to Lance Corporal R Luke 25545 a

Default Royal Welsh Fusiliers broken trio R. Luke

Another recent pick up, from the bay and arrived today, two from a trio, the 1914-15 star and the British War Medal, but no Victory Medal. The Star is marked to Lance Corporal R Luke 25545 and the War medal to Private R Luke 25545, both to the R. W. Fus. meaning the Royal Welsh Fusiliers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Welsh Fusiliers broken trio R. Luke   Royal Welsh Fusiliers broken trio R. Luke  

Royal Welsh Fusiliers broken trio R. Luke   Royal Welsh Fusiliers broken trio R. Luke  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

very nice jerry ,i like the patina ,and the ribbons show little wear and tear

?

Like James says.. two very good looking medals..Do you know if the ribbons originals??..All need to do now is get Ade on the case for the index card lol....Nice photos too by the way.. Thanks for showing, Cheers Terry.

Hi Jerry,

here you are:
    His SWB record shows his cause of discharge as "Para 2 (a) (i)", which means:

2 a (i) After service overseas in the armed Forces of the Crown, on account of disablement or ill-health caused otherwise than by misconduct.

Cheers, Tom

Royal Welsh Fusiliers broken trio R. LukeRoyal Welsh Fusiliers broken trio R. Luke

Quote by thorne83 View Post
    Hi Jerry,

here you are:
    His SWB record shows his cause of discharge as "Para 2 (a) (i)", which means:

2 a (i) After service overseas in the armed Forces of the Crown, on account of disablement or ill-health caused otherwise than by misconduct.

Cheers, Tom
    Brilliant Tom, thanks for the information, which also gives me his Bn when he was discharged, the 3rd Bn RWF in this case.

Much appreciated as always.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Tom that is good going!!!..Well done that man.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Like James says.. two very good looking medals..Do you know if the ribbons originals??..All need to do now is get Ade on the case for the index card lol....Nice photos too by the way.. Thanks for showing, Cheers Terry.
    Terry & James,

though a bit stiffer than some of the others I have, they do have the feel of being original, but hard to be 100% certain, but one I have on a Victory which is obviously a replacement looks and feels very different and the weave is also different on that one.

It might be storage differences or older replacements.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Cheers for that Jerry..It's I have a few medals with replacement ribbons..& some are very good copies & some are just totally rubbish...I thought your ribbons look top dollar...Cheers Terry.

Jerry,I will look in my ww1 medals and see if I have vic.to R.Luke.who knows maybe lucky.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    Jerry,I will look in my ww1 medals and see if I have vic.to R.Luke.who knows maybe lucky.
    That would be very lucky if you did.

I have a few other broken groups (2 missing the war medal and one missing the vic & war medal), which would be great if they could be reunited, but that rarely happens, but never say never.
    Regards,

Jerry