Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slouch hat madness!!!!

Article about: Talk about limited supply and crazy demand! …. This tired old WW1?? ‘slouchy’ just fetched \\$251 Aussie dollars on EBay!!!!! Torn, twisted, no sweat band, patches or anything else…..…WOW I’m

Default Slouch hat madness!!!!

Talk about limited supply and crazy demand! …. This tired old WW1?? ‘slouchy’ just fetched $251 Aussie dollars on EBay!!!!!

Torn, twisted, no sweat band, patches or anything else…..…WOW

I’m off to get grandad’s homburg from the garden shed!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Slouch hat madness!!!!   Slouch hat madness!!!!  

Slouch hat madness!!!!  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Definitely not a WW1 slouchy , all the traits of a WW2 slouchy , I once had one like this with the plain wool band and a VDC Patch .

ww2 slouch hat.looks like it was worn on the farm. i seen this to. im still yet to get me a ww2 AIF slouch hat, but the prices of them are high now. in a auction down this way last week, a full uniform of a of a light horse soilder. from ww1 sold for 17k

Hi "slouchie fans", there was a cracking 1942 Ghurkhas slouch hat on the bay that went for £225 the other day, I thought that was a bargain though as it was in great condition and fully badged. Leon.

They must have been chasing the woolen pug I believe. I was watching this one to see what it went for and was shocked. I posted it on Aussie Collectors and it caused total disbelief. The gent who purchased it is insane IMO.

All the best

Dave

Quote by Australia View Post
    Definitely not a WW1 slouchy , all the traits of a WW2 slouchy , I once had one like this with the plain wool band and a VDC Patch .
    It may even be early post war by the tan edging and press stud.

I don't think it's ww2, not with that edging.

I also saw this one for sale and wondered why it was fetching good money. Looks post WWII to me except the pug so not sure what date it is.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Good Woollen pugs are hard to find and this may be why it sold for this price but $250.00 is just plain madness. The hat is a worthless piece of felt IMO.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I don't think it's ww2, not with that edging.
    Some pre 1942 slouch hats had this edging, also with the reddish brown eyelets is typical of ww2 Australian slouch hats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast