Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Small collection of 3 Scottish badges

Article about: Gday all , This is my small collection of 3 Scottish badges , I believe they are early variations and I am happy to stand corrected. (left) Bydand Gordon Highlanders Officer’s Badge circa 19

Default Small collection of 3 Scottish badges

Gday all ,

This is my small collection of 3 Scottish badges , I believe they are early variations
    and I am happy to stand corrected . hope you enjoy !

(left) Bydand Gordon Highlanders Officer’s Badge circa 1910/40s

(middle) Nunquam non paratus badge for Johnstone clan circa 1910/20s

(right) Nemo me impune lacessit Scottish “Royal” clan badge circa 1910/40s

Small collection of 3 Scottish badgesSmall collection of 3 Scottish badgesSmall collection of 3 Scottish badgesSmall collection of 3 Scottish badgesSmall collection of 3 Scottish badgesSmall collection of 3 Scottish badgesSmall collection of 3 Scottish badgesSmall collection of 3 Scottish badges

CBH
    ?

Nice clan badges , I have a couple myself somewhere . Of the a very similar type , I think one of mine is sterling .
    And being a Mac ...... of Scottish decent , I always like to see items like these .

Thanks CBH , I got the large highlanders badge tested and its 800 silver . ive been reading that alot of these early ones were silver or silver plated and not hallmarked for some reason .

CBH
    ?

I have wondered if silver British Officer insignia was hallmarked , I have a collar to the Queens Dragoon Guards that I should have tested . I'll see if I can locate my examples and post them for you . Thanks again