Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

South Wales Borderers KIA group

Article about: I have thought long and hard before buying this group and even now it still disturbs me a bit to think that this is all that remains of a young man who paid the ultimate price for his servic

?

I wonder why he isn't listed??..Did you find out why Jerry? Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    I wonder why he isn't listed??..Did you find out why Jerry? Cheers Terry.
    No idea why he is not listed Terry, maybe he was forgotten or his family had moved, though his grave is marked near where he fell and is listed in a previous post. I think that for unknown reasons they were sometimes missed out, but probably too late to do anything about it. It is possible he is on another memorial in another location, though how I would find it is not known to me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Haven't a clue myself ever???. But I wonder how many other men are missing around this country?..I never really thought about it until you mentioned it!!!..Shame though.. Thanks for the pictures.. Cheers Terry.

There are a lot of memorials in the villages near to me and one day I will go and photograph all I can find. Maybe he will be on one of them, though he might be on one near to where he enrolled as he might have moved to Glamorgan, though his next of kin was listed as being in New Quay and he was from there.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Well good luck Jerry because I think you might need it lol..Cheers Terry.

Fantastic grouping jerry.
    I find it Very sad that he is not remembered in his town memorial.

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    Fantastic grouping jerry.
    I find it Very sad that he is not remembered in his town memorial.
    Indeed Daniel, but at least he is now remembered by the members here and his medal and plaque will have a place of honour in my collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

I paid the fee and got his medal index card from the national archives which confirmed he was entitled to a pair and not a trio, but sadly it does not list when he arrived in France or Belgium.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture South Wales Borderers KIA group  
    Regards,

Jerry

jwp
    ?

Hello Jerry, dont know if you have seen this on the war grave photographic project page, it seems john is also commemerated on his parents headstone, link below,

The War Graves Photographic Project

regards,
    john.

Quote by jwp View Post
    Hello Jerry, dont know if you have seen this on the war grave photographic project page, it seems john is also commemerated on his parents headstone, link below,

The War Graves Photographic Project

regards,
    john.
    Hi John,

I had not seen that, thank you very much for the link and for taking the time to find it, much appreciated. I will visit the site and take my own pictures of his parents gravestone. This might explain why he is not on the town memorial.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast