Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Span-Am/WW1 grouping

Article about: Just got this grouping from the 89 year old WW2 vet who told me they belonged to his dad. Got a clue what this China medal is? It is numbered 649 on the back. Did Span-Am/China/Mexican vets

Default Span-Am/WW1 grouping

Just got this grouping from the 89 year old WW2 vet who told me they belonged to his dad. Got a clue what this China medal is? It is numbered 649 on the back. Did Span-Am/China/Mexican vets get to join the GAR? He had the GAR medal in his little box as well. The Army Spanish War medal is missing but the ribbon is on the bar. Any idea where I might look for a period one? Kind of hate to just get a new one for cheap. There are two Service on the Mexican border medals. He was a captain in WW1 but there are only majors gold oak leafs in the box. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Span-Am/WW1 grouping  

Default Re: Span-Am/WW1 grouping

Hi Doug,
    I missed this one before. Can you post pictures of the other medals please? He would have had to serve as a Civil War vet to be in the GAR. Perhaps it was from another relative?

Thanks

Burt