Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

split WWI pair reunited by the strangest chance!

Article about: By a strange coincidence a single medal I was bidding on and another I watching turned out to be the two halves of a split pair named to a Corporal in the Monmouthshire regiment. I managed t

?

Ah that's not necessary Jerry, if I didn't get there first someone else would have, and you know I like looking up this stuff, 75% of the fun is finding some paperwork.

Tony

?

That is fantastic that you were able to get this pair back together.
    Great looking medals to boot. Congrats Jerry.
    With that kind of luck Its time to go buy a lottery ticket!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Excellent result, well done getting them together. In my experience medals to the Monmouthshire Regiment are not that easy to find.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Excellent result, well done getting them together. In my experience medals to the Monmouthshire Regiment are not that easy to find.
    Thanks Phil and James.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice reunite! No luck for service records on Find My Past.

They have both now arrived. I replace the incorrect ribbon on the VM with a short length of the correct type, though it is a modern replacement but for the BWM I have restored it with a length of the correct period ribbon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture split WWI pair reunited by the strangest chance!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Its very nice to hear of medals being reunited - so well done!

Don't get rid of the old ribbon. I don't know what it is but I've seen it a few times with WW1 groups. I once had an other ranks tunic with a bit of it pinned inside the skirt.

Quote by William1 View Post
    Don't get rid of the old ribbon. I don't know what it is but I've seen it a few times with WW1 groups. I once had an other ranks tunic with a bit of it pinned inside the skirt.
    I like most of us, I think, do not part with anything such as this and It will not be going anywhere as it is part of its history, though for the moment it is stored loose in my medal collection display box.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I like most of us, I think, do not part with anything such as this and It will not be going anywhere as it is part of its history, though for the moment it is stored loose in my medal collection display box.
    I'm glad to hear that. It is amazing how many people, when they get a medal with its original ribbon, the first thing they do is throw it away and put a brand new nylon ribbon on instead. Clearly you're a true collector and not one of those vandals!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2