Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Swagger Stick with "Surprise"

Article about: Another favorite (what am I saying, they're all my favorite) is this 23" swagger stick made from a French bayonet. There are no markings but probably dates from WW1. The handle is turne

?

Default Swagger Stick with "Surprise"

Another favorite (what am I saying, they're all my favorite) is this 23" swagger stick made from a French bayonet. There are no markings but probably dates from WW1. The handle is turned aluminum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swagger Stick with "Surprise"   Swagger Stick with "Surprise"  

Swagger Stick with "Surprise"   Swagger Stick with "Surprise"  

I like any kind of edged weapon and this is no different!
    Great pick up!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Excellent stick! Absurdly illegal in many parts,however...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very nice.
    I have one myself, i sometimes has to use for periods of time when i am unable to walk normaly because of my poor health. Not exactly collector related as your pretty gem, but i just throw in a quick photo of mine so you can see the differences.

Please moderator- just delete my post if needed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swagger Stick with "Surprise"   Swagger Stick with "Surprise"  

?

Yes, it's a formitable weapon, in the right hands, for self defense. I always assumed it was meant for a soldier on leave in a strange place, perhaps alone, for that purpose.
    The stick itself is very well made and solid. With the weight being concentrated on the handle end it wields like a fencing foil in one hand and the scabbard is solid enough to act as a truncheon in the other. An old cavalry hand could really do some harm with this and his skill in sword fighting.

( Below is a photo of a US Army Marksmanship badge ca. 1920's showing pendants for Rifle - "M"ounted and Sword.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swagger Stick with "Surprise"