Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

think I just got a eBay steal on a m1917 dough boy helmet :)

Article about: Its complete with chin strap and liner only draw back it has a VFW decal on front so when I get this in should I remove it or leave it as is?, BTW I won this for \\$16.50 Annoyed from this ads

Default think I just got a eBay steal on a m1917 dough boy helmet :)

Its complete with chin strap and liner only draw back it has a VFW decal on front so when I get this in should I remove it or leave it as is?, BTW I won this for $16.50

Very good buy for $16.50. Leave the decal its part of the helmet's history. regards Mark

very nice indeed and a great score now tell me something i heard there was asbestos used in the liners on these and the british brodie can anybody confirm if this were true or i am misinformed regards james

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice indeed and a great score now tell me something i heard there was asbestos used in the liners on these and the british brodie can anybody confirm if this were true or i am misinformed regards james
    There is asbestos in the last version of the brodie's liner, but it is a very small percentage and is impregnated into cloth, if you don't mess with it, it is not a problem.

A good score of the lid and best IMFO to leave the decal on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks jerry for the great info

?

Cool! Def a good buy at $16. I personally would also leave the Decal on it.....

?

That is definitely worth the money you paid. I also agree with the others as far as keeping the VFW decal on it. That helmets has been there and done that and then was paraded down the avenue in some town worn by a veteran that has also Been There and Done That!!! It would be a great tribute to all involved.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Nice lid, great pick up and, like everyone else, personal opinion, I would leave the decal in place.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Top buy for that amount of cash,set of Nam m1 chinstraps cost that much,definitely a bargain and a half,well done to you.............

Thanks guys just paid the seller for it and decal will stay on helmet, he listed it in the title as a veteran of foreign wars helmet so that's why it didn't get any attention I bidded on it with 4 hrs left and set my max at $30 and startimg bid was $5 and I was the only bidder up until
    Last few seconds of auction end so it goes on the shelf and my grandfather and my dad were both VFW members so it will honor all vets including myself

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast