Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

a tribute to my great granfather,and further ,my granmother.

Article about: Hello to all. On the 4th of January ,my granmother died at the age of 97. Even if she had a long life, the day before she left us, she told me on her hospital bed, that the fact she never kn

Default a tribute to my great granfather,and further ,my granmother.

Hello to all.

On the 4th of January ,my granmother died at the age of 97. Even if she had a long life, the day before she left us, she told me on her hospital bed, that the fact she never knowed her father, or at least, had no souvenir from him, has haunted her all her life long.

She was born in March 1914. In August her father left wife and kids to fight in the trenches for 4 years, before being killed in April 1918...4 long years of sufferings to end up like this, it makes me sick...Her brother died also in 1918 from the grippe Espagnole (Spanish flu???) and so she left the unique child.

I present you the only pic i have of him, besides my great granmother, a typical wife and husband cliché .The absence of my great mother on the pic makes me think it's dated before her birth?

A pic of the Mount Kemmel french cemetery where he was supposed to lay,and an extract of the deceased military bulletin of my gran greatfather.
    And finally,a pic of my greatmother besides her mother.(apparently,circa 1922) During the 1980's she destroyed what was remaining of her father, all his military stuff, after the death of her mother. She couldn't surely face her loneliness, even if she still had us.

Since she died ,my original family has just 2 members still alive: my brother who's living in London and me. All the others are dead. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a tribute to my great granfather,and further ,my granmother.   a tribute to my great granfather,and further ,my granmother.  

a tribute to my great granfather,and further ,my granmother.   a tribute to my great granfather,and further ,my granmother.  

Default Re: a tribute to my great granfather,and further ,my granmother.

I hope she has found peace and her father where she is, R.I.P.

?

RIP......it's sad when family members no longer have reminders of loved ones......my grandmother died regretting destroying all her brothers documents after thy were killed in Russia, She lost all her possessions and memories of them as a refugee fom east Prussia...

A sad story, but thanks for posting this tribute to them all.

RIP

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A huge thank you for the kindness of your words.

A sad but moving tribute to your lost relatives. Hopefully you and your brother keep in regular contact and your shared memories of your Gran are something to be cherished.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

You are a good man.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    You are a good man.
    At least,someone finally see through me,héhéhé...I copied it for my wife .Thank you SteveR