Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

type of bajonet?

Article about: My guesse is a Chatelreau chassepot bajonet for the first one, but no clue's for the second one!??

Default type of bajonet?

My guesse is a Chatelreau chassepot bajonet for the first one, but no clue's for the second one!??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture type of bajonet?   type of bajonet?  

type of bajonet?   type of bajonet?  

type of bajonet?  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Default Re: type of bajonet?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    My guesse is a Chatelreau chassepot bajonet for the first one, but no clue's for the second one!??
    French Lebel 1886 cruciform bayonet

Thanks scout!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Oddly I had the example shown in the top photo with the gold handle...as when I received it from my Uncle....the blade was painted black with also the crossguard painted the same. I also painted the handle Gold for some reason unknown as the grip was not gold when I received it. it did not come with the scabbard....and this example has a dedication on the blade spine. My question is do others exist also with the gold handle as I used gold modeling paint by Testors to paint the grip....before I really got interested in the TR era. I ended up selling the bayonet at a flea market in New Jersey,,,during the 1980s. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill