Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. Army Service Corps

Article about: Does anyone have any idea what this particular corps did during WW1? I can't find anything on the internet or encyclopedias regarding this type of corps in the U.S. Army. It had it's own col

?

Default U.S. Army Service Corps

Does anyone have any idea what this particular corps did during WW1? I can't find anything on the internet or encyclopedias regarding this type of corps in the U.S. Army. It had it's own collar disk which was a spoke type wheel with an american flag shield in the center. I also noticed that all were manufactured in France and I never seen an officer type one used or manufactured.U.S. Army Service Corps

AIF
    ?

Default Re: U.S. Army Service Corps

If it is anything like the British or Australian Army Service Corps (which I guess it would be) they brought in supplies with tucks and horses like ammunition rations and equipment ect... They also did some labouring and construction jobs also.

?

Default Re: U.S. Army Service Corps

That kinda makes sense with the spoke wheel but the U.S. had a "T" collar disk for ammunition train an "S" collar disk for supply and a transportation collar disk. Since it was probably formed in France, I was thinking maybe these troops were on loan to other countries regiments to assist in some way. I may be wrong. I know it's rare and usually pretty expensive to own one.