Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?

Article about: I bought this because I liked it ( I actually love it... haha) and it wasn't expensive but it's a little 'less camouflage' to be authentic in my opinion. What do others think with a more inf

?

Default U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?

I bought this because I liked it ( I actually love it... haha) and it wasn't expensive but it's a little 'less camouflage' to be authentic in my opinion.
    What do others think with a more informed opinion than mine?

U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?

MAP
    ?

I would like to see some high resolution close up photos of the paint. I'm not familiar with Allied Camo patterns and such, but I think I do (I think) see some aging and crazing of the paint and maybe even some old rust under it as well. That said, it could have been done in the 1960's for all we know.

What is the white stuff? Looks like it was all dusty and then partially wiped down.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi
    I'm yet to receive it but when I do I'll post better images.
    Yes it does appear to have been wiped recently, probably just storage dust.

An interesting camo that reminds me of this one that was sold on Baystate Militaria

U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?

The British equivalent contained an asbesto pad in the dome but I am not sure if the American helmet did also. Can anyone confirm?

Hard not to be seen striding across the muddy Flanders fields wearing this Christmas tree of a helmet. Could just imagine every German sharpshooter in the Kaisers army aiming at it! That said I can't say if it is a post war paint job or not. It is interesting though and if it was kind to your wallet then that is great.

?

Groovy.

It certainly appears to have been done some while ago...
    exactly when, where, why and by whom is a toughie.

I like it.

Bob

Certainly has some patina to it so potentially a post 1918 Doughboy paint job.

?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    An interesting camo that reminds me of this one that was sold on Baystate Militaria

U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?

The British equivalent contained an asbesto pad in the dome but I am not sure if the American helmet did also. Can anyone confirm?
    That is very similar, thank you for sharing that

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Hard not to be seen striding across the muddy Flanders fields wearing this Christmas tree of a helmet. Could just imagine every German sharpshooter in the Kaisers army aiming at it! That said I can't say if it is a post war paint job or not. It is interesting though and if it was kind to your wallet then that is great.
    That made me laugh!

It was very kind to my wallet

?

Quote by olboy View Post
    Hi
    I'm yet to receive it but when I do I'll post better images.
    Yes it does appear to have been wiped recently, probably just storage dust.
    So it arrived last week and on initial inspection the painted camouflage is older than I thought and looks.
    I'd still say post WW1 but not long after, I only say that as I agree with what blackcat said it's not really camouflage.
    What do others think?

U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?
    U.S. Mk 1 Supposed Camo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast