Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Unit Markings on P1908 Cavalry Trooper's Sword

Article about: Hi all. I was pleased to receive this sword recently. A nice P1908 Trooper's sword made by Mole. It has had a coat of black paint at some point which has obscured the markings somewhat. The

Default Unit Markings on P1908 Cavalry Trooper's Sword

Hi all. I was pleased to receive this sword recently. A nice P1908 Trooper's sword made by Mole. It has had a coat of black paint at some point which has obscured the markings somewhat. The one I can decipher is Y over 2.D.T, which I take to mean 2nd Dorsetshire Yeomanry. The is one below this however that I do not recognise. It looks like 3 R O R, although the "O" really doesn't look right. If anyone could suggest what this second marking could be I would welcome any opinions.

Cheers and a Merry Xmas to you all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unit Markings on P1908 Cavalry Trooper's Sword   Unit Markings on P1908 Cavalry Trooper's Sword  

Unit Markings on P1908 Cavalry Trooper's Sword   Unit Markings on P1908 Cavalry Trooper's Sword  

Unit Markings on P1908 Cavalry Trooper's Sword   Unit Markings on P1908 Cavalry Trooper's Sword