Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknow medal Help

Article about: Has anyone ever seen this before. I'm not sure of the age but I would assume WW1'ish or even pre WW1/1800's??? On the front there is a sign on the train that says in French (40 Men, 8 Horses

MAP
    ?

Default Unknow medal Help

Has anyone ever seen this before.

I'm not sure of the age but I would assume WW1'ish or even pre WW1/1800's???

On the front there is a sign on the train that says in French (40 Men, 8 Horses). The soldier is wearing a uniform that looks quiet old and looks maybe to be British?

On the reverse it is stamped "Sterling" as well as another logo that is very hard to make out. It is circular with a diamond in the middle. Below the diamond, in English, it says "Union Made". I can not make out the top half completely but it looks like "J.W." with maybe a letter before and after.

The ribbon (which is a faded light sky blue) hanger is of the "slot brooch" style. This was used during WW2 by the US. But I do not think this is a US award.

Any ideas?

Unknow medal Help

Unknow medal Help

Unknow medal Help

Unknow medal Help

Unknow medal Help
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

American Legion Medal 40 Hommes8 Chevaux 40X8 WWI Train | #45935398

Found this Michael.
    Looked for
    I.J.W.U Union made

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Thanks Phil. Took a chance.....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I'm still not sure what it exactly represents. I got the troop train ,But i'll leave that search to you!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I'm still not sure what it exactly represents. I got the troop train ,But i'll leave that search to you!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks! I couldn't find anything but this now gives me a good lead. Sure it is not worth what I paid for it but still, it could turn out to be an interesting piece.

Thanks again!

?

Is it this Michael ?? We had a local club here once.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknow medal Help  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

That's it G. Big thanks to you and Phil. I didn't pay much and sure it has little value but a nice interesting item.

Very interesting, you never know what’s going to show up.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Very interesting, you never know what’s going to show up.

Marty
    Was part of a bundle today. The nicest piece being a loose USMC Good Conduct Medal...

Well...not that eBay is the best guide for prices....but I found the exact same one listed for less than I purchased this. Ebay was asking $25.00