Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

US Big Red One Uniform

Article about: Hello everyone, haven't posted for quite a while but I thought I'd share some things I picked up today! Went to a military show in the suburbs around Chicago and found something that I found

?

Post US Big Red One Uniform

Hello everyone, haven't posted for quite a while but I thought I'd share some things I picked up today! Went to a military show in the suburbs around Chicago and found something that I found to be quite interesting. All the back story I received was that the current home owners bought the house, went in the attic and found all this tucked away in a box. They ended up selling it at a garage sale and somehow it made it's way into a military collectors hands...and now into mine! The only things that you see here in these pictures that don't belong to the uniform is the helmet that is off to the side with no marking on it, and the grenade pouch. Everything else on the couch came with the Uniform which includes the following - Personal bag with American flag, another bag without american flag, leggings, leg raps (?) (bundled green wool), tunic, pants, helmet with 1st Infantry Division insignia. The insignia's on the tunic show he was a medic of some sort. Better pictures to come if requested! PS - Open to any information about these objects / Any questions, please excuse the crappy pictures, camera isn't working right. Thanks - Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Big Red One Uniform   US Big Red One Uniform  

US Big Red One Uniform   US Big Red One Uniform  

US Big Red One Uniform  

?

The items seem to be in excellent shape for being almost 100 years old!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Great stuff!

Looks like you had a great day.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Very nice

Agreed - This is a great WWI uniform grouping.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Very nice 1st Div. cotton twill summer uniform.
    It should have overseas chevrons on the lower left sleeve. Really nice group with the helmet. The shoulder patch is just the way you would want to see it.

?

Very nice grouping love the helmet