Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US painted helmet

Article about: I picked this helmet up today at a local shop for \\$40.00 US. I like it.Once again I go looking for WWII and all I find is WWI. Gary

?

Default US painted helmet

I picked this helmet up today at a local shop for $40.00 US. I like it.Once again I go looking for WWII and all I find is WWI. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US painted helmet   US painted helmet  

US painted helmet   US painted helmet  

US painted helmet   US painted helmet  

Default Re: US painted helmet

could u tell me what is written on top of the helmet?
    i can read holland and i would like to know what's the rest.

cheers,

Hi.

I like this one a lot, got real history. I believe these US lid's were, decorated post-war to use in parades and veteran get togethers.

I can relate to you going to out find WW2 kit,and coming back with something else.

In the week I went to my local militaria dealers, to view /buy another M1 lid, after much looking ( and wondering how the heck,they can charge so much)..... well to cut a long story short...I ended up walking out of the dealers, with an Iraqi M80 , from the last Gulf war, 2003.......Er, not exactly WW2 eh!!

Keep up the collecting,and the sharing

Thanks Mate.

?

Klokhoane The helmet has a 5 pickler,horn,rose ,holland ,gritzbeck ,and nalon. What it means I dont know could be friends.
    Gaz you never know what is going to turn your head. Glad you like the lid. Gary

I like it too. Very much an American tradition of decoration.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade good to hear from you. Glad you like it. Gary

Hi Guys,

Regarding the helmets names, i found this out, what do you think? It's a little bit too much to be coincidence i think, but is a bit 'out there'!

Hank Gritzbeck, Dennis 'Duke' Nalon, Jake Pickler, Mauri Rose And Bill Holland were all American racing drivers in the 30's and 40's. Some where Indy 500 drivers, some short track or long track, whatever that is! Some were pro drivers, and some amateurs, such as Pickler, who was, ironically killed in a race overtaking Gritzbeck in 1947 at the Altamont raceway track, which became really famous 20 years later, when the Rolling Stones held a concert there, and a member of the crowd was knifed to death by their bodyguards, the 'Hell's Angels.'

What do ya reckon fella's? Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 03-22-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Now that is too much of a coincidence...... Nice work Ned.

Interesting!

Cheers, Ade.

i found a what apears to be a british helmet on a surplus store, but the funny thing is that the helmet has got a screw on the top in order to secure the straps inside the shell, what do u guys think about that? i was just wondering about this because maybe ill just go there an buy it

Blimey Ned, good work there! Yes a very nice helmet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast