Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US WWI helmet w/hand painted insignia, need HELP

Article about: Received this helmet for Christmas, the shell looks all original. The unit insignia looks to be hand painted. Only the red and white? seem to be showing up in the pic but there is what appea

Default US WWI helmet w/hand painted insignia, need HELP

Received this helmet for Christmas, the shell looks all original. The unit insignia looks to be hand painted. Only the red and white? seem to be showing up in the pic but there is what appears to be a blue stripe on the end. So it would go blue, white and then red in that order. It could have been done with a stencil. I'm not that familiar with WWI helmets, does anyone have opinions on the helmet itself and what unit the insignia is. Thanks, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US WWI helmet w/hand painted insignia, need HELP   US WWI helmet w/hand painted insignia, need HELP  

US WWI helmet w/hand painted insignia, need HELP   US WWI helmet w/hand painted insignia, need HELP  

?

Default Re: US WWI helmet w/hand painted insignia, need HELP

I believe, based on the liner and chinstrap, that the helmet itself is post WWI British/Canadian. As for the markings, I'm not sure...

Hi John, it is Belgian post WW2 issue by the looks of it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade and Yuengling, wonder how it ended up in Pennsylvania.