Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verdun glass slides and equipment

Article about: Here a collection of 380 glass slides all taken during ww1 in Verdun battlefields . I was only able to take picture of only one of the slides with my camera. chris

Default Re: Verdun glass slides and equipment

This might be worth the time and investment Chris...this is a great piece of untold history in the lives of these soldiers. I am sure these are photos that were never seen in any book or documentary. Cool item!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    This might be worth the time and investment Chris...this is a great piece of untold history in the lives of these soldiers. I am sure these are photos that were never seen in any book or documentary. Cool item!! Regards Larry
    Thank you Larry.
    All the slides are mark with info about them.
    chris

To find out the glass slides were not done by a person but by a company.
    I guess this was market sold to people.
    chris

If anyone can put a value on this that would be great.
    I am going to try to sell the set does not go with my collection.
    Thank you
    chris

Yeah, get them printed, make them into a book, add a bit of historical context and info (which you seem pretty capable of doing) and there you have it!

I would say that they are very hard to value. They are only worth what someone will pay. Are there no museums around the Verdun area you could loan them to? It seems like the kind of thing a museum would make a whole exhibition of "unseen photos of the Battle of Verdun". Got a nice ring to it

Update

Oh sorry, just seen that you have found that these are likely commercial ones. Still cool though.

They are in the US now but was pick up years ago in Meuse Argonne.
    Maybe someone would be interested in them.
    I do know that the slides usely go for around 10$ a piece from thw ww1 battlefield period.
    chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2