Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very nice RN collection

Article about: I just had to post this - although I may be tempting fate. I stumbled upon this little lot on eBay around tea-time today. Apologies for the photographs, I took them (with my camera) straight

Default Very nice RN collection

I just had to post this - although I may be tempting fate. I stumbled upon this little lot on eBay around tea-time today. Apologies for the photographs, I took them (with my camera) straight off the computer screen - as I couldn't copy the originals into a file. The lot is to a Commander C.J. Forlong who was involved in torpedo research during (or maybe just after) WW1. The seller actually spelt his name wrong. The buy-it-now price was just £99... I had to rub my eyes with disbelief when I saw this. The telescope alone must be worth near this with it being a presentation piece. The seller has marked it as dispatched, so I guess that - even if the price was an error - he has gone ahead with the sale.

For all its faults, eBay turns up the occasional bargains'

Cheers,
    Steve.

Very nice RN collectionVery nice RN collectionVery nice RN collectionVery nice RN collectionVery nice RN collectionVery nice RN collectionVery nice RN collectionVery nice RN collectionVery nice RN collectionVery nice RN collection

Well worth the price!....

That is a fantastic lot at a brilliant price! Please post detailed photos when you receive them

Fantastic find, Steve! Nice job snagging it up.

Luke

Quote by Warspite View Post
    That is a fantastic lot at a brilliant price! Please post detailed photos when you receive them
    Have a look at my recent posting which is headed... Commander Forlong