Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Victory Medal To A N Scrivener, Lancashire Fusiliers.

Article about: Hi all. This just came through the post, the latest addition to my expanding First World War British medal collection. Nice condition victory medal to 350668 Pte. A N Scrivener, Lancashire F

Default Victory Medal To A N Scrivener, Lancashire Fusiliers.

Hi all. This just came through the post, the latest addition to my expanding First World War British medal collection. Nice condition victory medal to 350668 Pte. A N Scrivener, Lancashire Fusiliers. I was drawn to this medal as although he was born in Chingford, the 1911 census shows that he lived for a time with relatives in Ludlow, Shropshire, close to where I am from.

Frustratingly, I can see that his BWM was sold at an auction in Somerset back in 2010 with some other, unrelated medals, so hopefully it is still floating around out there (if anyone comes across it please give me a shout).

Through findmypast I can see that there is a medal index card available for him, which indicates he also served in the Military Foot Police, however it does not appear to be on Ancestry which I find odd. Either way, I will continue to research and maybe one day re-unite this with his BWM.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Victory Medal To A N Scrivener, Lancashire Fusiliers.   Victory Medal To A N Scrivener, Lancashire Fusiliers.  

kc1
    ?

Try asking on British medal forum.
    Unfortunately the silver price was at a high and i know people who were buying Corps medals, ASC, RE etc, for the smelter. Single BWM with no perceived chance of a reunite mmm.

Found him no problem.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Victory Medal To A N Scrivener, Lancashire Fusiliers.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for that Ade. Although its the Medal Index Card that I can't find. Maybe it just hasn't been uploaded to ancestry? Either way this information is great. Shows his battalion which really helps. much appreciated.

hope you get it.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Cheers Jerry. I have just downloaded his MIC, but unfortunately it does not add any information than I already know, which I guess is the gamble you take. Still good to have it confirmed.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Cheers Jerry. I have just downloaded his MIC, but unfortunately it does not add any information than I already know, which I guess is the gamble you take. Still good to have it confirmed.
    Still odd that it cannot be found on Ancestry. Does it have his name or is it only initials?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Still odd that it cannot be found on Ancestry. Does it have his name or is it only initials?
    It is initials only.