Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

War Office Pattern Steel Helmet

Article about: A recent acquisition with some character and a lucky escape for its original owner. regards Mark

Default War Office Pattern Steel Helmet

A recent acquisition with some character and a lucky escape for its original owner.

regards

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Office Pattern Steel Helmet   War Office Pattern Steel Helmet  

War Office Pattern Steel Helmet   War Office Pattern Steel Helmet  

A great pick up Mark, looks all good and the impact damage makes it an unusual example, most I have seen with damage are rusty relics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

There can't be many of these around, a lucky find and fantastic piece of history.

Tony

Blimey rarer than hens teeth,type B raw edge century old Brodie,gotta be worth a shed load of cash,well done and fantastic................

That's one hell of a nice helmet!

Now for the head scratching question,if of coarse anyone does actually know the answer to this,but the first 4440 produced were of mild steel,now how do you know or tell the differance between the forementioned and the slightly later non-magnetic steel war office pattern.

Very nice, Congratulations!!

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Now for the head scratching question,if of coarse anyone does actually know the answer to this,but the first 4440 produced were of mild steel,now how do you know or tell the differance between the forementioned and the slightly later non-magnetic steel war office pattern.
    My guess would be with a magnet.

?

Smashing helmet Mark, super rare, liner in great shape, classic 2 piece chinstrap with claw buckle, smaller bales. I understand the liner is slippery as heck especially on a sweaty noggin'. Very nice..
    Wondered if you could tell us if it is indeed a magnetic helmet. cheers, K