Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Welcome to new Mod Jerry B!

Article about: Thats great news.

?

Excellent news & well done Jerry..Keep up the good work.. Cheers Terry.

A somewhat belated two thumbs up. Congratulations on your appointment.

Cheers
    Tim

A warm welcome again Jerry....and apologies for earning the unintentional notoriety of being the cause of you needing to close your first thread
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys and hopefully I will earn them, largely by staying the same as I was already, just now I can edit thread titles which was something I wished I could have done before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hmm - you toucha my title and I toucha your nose! I have always been very succinct about my titles - catchy and to the point - unlike some of the posts I've made......

Cheers
    Tim

[Edit: apart from one]
    [Edit 2: Well maybe 2 now that I come to think of it]
    [Edit 3: Weeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll possibly three or four - OK - change at will....]

Titles sometimes need editing in my opinion, firstly for bad spelling or not stating the subject matter etc... A thread on the subject and the relevant section are posted below.

A thread that was up recently used the term SA and this confused some members who assumed it referred to the German organisation known by those initials, whilst it actually referred to something completely different. As it was posted in the relevant section I knew straight away as to the subject the thread was related to, but others did not, so I edited the title. Hopefully all concerned think this was a sensible action.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...-thread-17587/

Second: include as much information in your title and subsequent post as possible. This is VITAL. Due to Dimas' hard work, the forum is well established with Internet search engines. These will pick up upon keywords. Also our own forum search facility needs these words to enable members to search the forum when doing their own research. The forum is an evolving resource. For instance, posting a pic of an item is fine, but add a few word about it: someone can answer, again without using those vital key words, thus in the future the thread will never come up in any kind of search....
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Titles sometimes need editing in my opinion, firstly for bad spelling or not stating the subject matter etc...
    I have always wished I could edit my titles too - can that aspect not be changed? - for sometimes we realise we have mis-stated the subject or made a typo or whatever but cannot change things .....

Thanks Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Sorry Jerry - it was supposed to be a joke......

I'll have to work on the delivery.

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Sorry Jerry - it was supposed to be a joke......

I'll have to work on the delivery.
    No problem Tim and I did get the joke.

It just seemed a good time to clarify what I mean't and as Dan has since posted, the thread titles is something I have gotten wrong and I have had to ask a mod to change for me and other times I see thread titles with bad spelling, mostly from typo's that I wish I could change and now I can.

The desire to post a snappy title which catches attention is also something I have done, but hopefully in such cases I have tagged the content, though please note I say hopefully.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    No prob.....

It just seemed a good time to clarify what I mean't and as Dan has since posted, the thread titles is something I have gotten wrong and I have had to ask a mod to change for me and other times I see thread titles with bad spelling, mostly from typo's that I wish I could change and now I can.

The .........
    ....my personal secretary...! Finaly!! (loool!!)
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast