Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

West Australian Military Museum

Article about: Hi Guys... talk about a fluke! I am just about to move house and, by a stroke of luck, the house I'm moving in to is right opposite the WA Military Museum, check it out... Army Museum of WA

?

Default West Australian Military Museum

Hi Guys... talk about a fluke! I am just about to move house and, by a stroke of luck, the house I'm moving in to is right opposite the WA Military Museum, check it out... Army Museum of WA - Artillery Barracks I look across the street and see a row of heavy artillery pointing my way... and, as if that's not enough... about 5 minutes away is the Maritime Museum... now that's what I call location, location, location!

Default Re: West Australian Military Museum

Hello-I went to the Army Museum a month ago -very impressive displays inside but outside is a problem-a museum right by the ocean is not the place to have AFVs/artillery etc out in the open exposed to the elements-despite their best efforts it's all rusting away.

?

Yes, you're right about the sea air... I haven't as yet had a close look at the guns displayed outside, but of course, normally you have to keep slapping layers of thick paint on to keep everything protected. Amazing that you're in Perth... I thought I was all alone here! I've lived all over Perth, and in Freo, but for the last year I've been living in Mandurah... just about to move back up to Freo, hence the excitement of finding the museum right across the road from the house!

There are a couple of other Perth metro members on the forum-what do you collect or are interested in?

?

Well... I started off collecting belt buckles but slowly became more and more interested in youth organizations... mainly HJ & BDM, so I have sold off most of my buckles (still have 5 left to sell or swap, including the 'white' SA buckle that I have shown elsewhere on this forum) and I'm now just focusing on HJ & BDM... I only have a very small collection so far but it's steadily growing...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture West Australian Military Museum